Wednesday, August 25th, 2021
picture
Apartment Quadraplex Fire114 Boco Noir Circle08-25-2021 Call Received 2118On Scene 2121Control 2126Leaving Scene 2239 Campbellsville Fire-Rescue was dispatched to a report of a working apartment fire ...
Friday, August 6th, 2021
picture
Equipment Fire1030 Campbellsville Bypass (Wholesale Hardwood Interior)08-06-2021 Call Received 1026On Scene 1030Leaving Scene 1250 Campbellsville Fire-Rescue was dispatched to a report dust collector ...
Saturday, July 31st, 2021
Residential House Fire111 Ford Street07-31-2021 Call Received 0003On Scene 0005Control 0015Leaving Scene 0159 Campbellsville Fire-Rescue was dispatched to a report of smoke coming from the top of a ho...
Monday, July 26th, 2021
picture
Missing Person Case204 Short Street07-26-2021Call Received 0800On Scene 0800Leaving Scene 1627Campbellsville Fire-Rescue was requested by Campbellsville Police Department for assistance with a possibl...
Saturday, June 5th, 2021
picture
Thank You, Campbellsville Taylor County for your generous donations!The total collected this year was $35,625.44. This has been a record year and the most money we have raised for the past 5 years.We ...
Tuesday, May 25th, 2021
picture
TO: Local Media and CommunityFROM: Chief TaylorDATE: 05-25-2021SUBJECT: Near Drowning at Green River Lake On Monday May 24, 2021 at 6:35PM off duty firefighter Cody Wood and his wife, Morgan, had just...
picture
TO: Local News Media FROM: Chief Taylor DATE: 02-19-2021 SUBJECT: FEMA Assistance to Firefighter Grant Award-COVID-19 Supplemental On Friday February 19th Campbellsville Fire Rescue received notifica...
picture
TO: Local News MediaFROM: Chief TaylorDATE: 08-06-2020SUBJECT: FEMA Assistance to Firefighter Grant Award-COVID-19 Supplemental On Wednesday August 5th Campbellsville Fire Rescue received notificatio...
Carbon Monoxide

You can’t see it, taste it or smell it, but low levels of carbon monoxide can make you sick, and high levels can kill.

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless gas that can escape from any fuel-burning appliance, such as gas furnaces, water heaters and stoves, fireplaces, wood stoves, chimneys or space heaters. It can also be created by an automobile idling in a closed or attached garage.

Common Symptoms of CO Poisoning

  • Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Fatigue
  • Flu-like symptoms

Reduce Exposure to Carbon Monoxide

Appliances

  • Keep gas appliances properly adjusted.
  • Use a vented space heater.
  • Use proper fuel in kerosene space heaters.
  • Install and use an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
  • Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
  • Do not idle the car inside garage.
  • Never burn charcoal inside a home, garage, vehicle, or tent.
  • Never use portable fuel-burning camping equipment inside a home, garage, vehicle, or tent.
  • Make sure the doors on wood stoves fit tightly.

Professional Help

  • Have a trained professional inspect, clean and tune up furnaces, flues and chimneys annually; repair any leaks.
  • Choose an alarm listed with Underwriters Laboratories Inc. Look for the UL logo on the package.

Install a Carbon Monoxide Alarm

  • Carbon monoxide (CO) alarms sound an alarm before an average, healthy adult would experience symptoms. The concentration of carbon monoxide over time poses a threat.
  • Install at least one audible carbon monoxide alarm near your sleeping area.

If the CO Alarm Goes Off

  • Do not panic.
  • Press the test/silence button to temporarily quiet the alarm.
  • Move everyone to a source of fresh air.
  • Call 911.
  • Leave the CO alarm where it is.
  • Do not re-enter your home until the emergency responder has arrived, your home is aired out and your CO alarm returns to normal operation.

© 2021 Campbellsville Fire Rescue